Structures Specialist Western Regional Training
October 7-8, 2023
Location: CA-TF8 Training Site, 850 Paseo Ranchero, Chula Vista, CA 91910
Time: Saturday 08:00 thru 18:00 EDT (w/ 1/2 hr lunch period)
Sunday 07:30 - 13:00 EDT (no lunch)
Ayres Hotel San Diego South - Chula Vista
1710 Millenia Ave, Chula Vista, CA 91915
Group Room Block name: “USACE”
Reservation Link: http://bookings.ihotelier.com/bookings.jsp?groupID=3974261&hotelID=107880
(reservation cut-off date: 15-Sep-2023)
NOTE: includes free “Full American breakfast” and free parking
Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina
1380 Harbor Island Drive, San Diego, CA 92101
Group Room Block name: “US Army Corps of Engineers”
Reservation Link: https://www.marriott.com/events/start.mi?id=1691446345413&&key=GRP
(reservation cut-off date: 4-Sep-2023)
NOTE: does NOT include breakfast, requires $25/day parking expense and is roughly 25-minutes away from the training site. A $26/day resort fee is also applied during reservations, but you may opt out upon check-in.
- The FEMA US&R StS Position Description recommends that Task Force StS complete this training every two years. This is continuing education, the FINAL session for the V7 curriculum.
- This training focuses on assessing structural behavior of damaged buildings, Task Force interactions during an US&R response, wide area assessment (Survey 123), use of StS forms, Champlain Tower Collapse case study, tabletop exercises and other topics.
- Training mission is to provide two days (15-hours) of intensive training.
- Space will be limited to maximize hands-on field training and ensure mission success.
- Class tuition is free (meals, lodging & travel must be covered by Task Force, Agency, or students).
- Travel/transport from San Diego International Airport to the targeted hotel is 21 miles.
- Travel from the Ayres hotel to the training site is approximately 5 miles.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Laptop computer, hand held calculator, notebook, tape measure, Smart Phone, Crosby User’s Guide, FOG Edition 9 (Note: Each FEMA Task Force was provided 250 copies of the updated FOG in mid 2022).
- Nikon NPL-352, NIVO or Series N Total Station & tripod (1 per StS or team of two StS from each Task Force).
- One set minimum of the StS Forms from the www.disasterengineer.org "Library."
- Attire is official Task Force BDUs and/or Task Force t-shirt as well as standard PPE (helmet, boots, gloves, eye & ear protection, knee pads, sun block, rain gear, etc.).
Training Agenda: Schedule to be sent just prior to training
- USACE: Jeff Qunell, P.E.
W: (415) 503-6616 C: (916) 502-4145
- Alternative: Alan Fisher, P.E. (MA-TF1)
C: (207) 415-7558