US&R Structures Specialist Central Regional Training - 22-23 July 2023
Time: Saturday 08:00 thru 18:00 CST with 30 min lunch period
Sunday 07:30 - 13:00
Primary: Courtyard by Marriott Columbia
3301 Lemone Industrial Blvd, Columbia, MO 65201
Reserve at: https://www.marriott.com/events/start.mi?id=1682630442215&key=GRP
OR call: 573-443-8000 with Group name: USACE
Cut-off Date: 30-Jun-2023
Alternate: Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia (at the University of Missouri)
1225 Fellows Pl, Columbia, MO 65201
Reserve at: https://www.hilton.com/en/book/reservation/deeplink/?ctyhocn=COUUMHX&groupCode=CHHUSA&arrivaldate=2023-07-20&departuredate=2023-07-23&cid=OM,WW,HILTONLINK,EN,DirectLink&fromId=HILTONLINKDIRECT
OR call 573-214-2222 with Group name: “US Army Corps of Engineers”
Cut-off Date: 6-Jul-2023
Alternate: Residence Inn Columbia
1100 Woodland Springs Court, Columbia, MO 65202
Reserve at: https://www.marriott.com/events/start.mi?id=1682557749383&key=GRP
OR call 813-872-0044 with Group name “USACE”
Cut-off Date: 1-Jul-2023
These group reservations honor the Federal Government Rate for this area of $98.00/night, tax excluded.
- The FEMA US&R StS Position Description recommends that Task Force StS complete this training every two years. This is continuing education, the 5th scheduled training for this V7 curriculum.
Training focuses on assessing structural behavior of damaged buildings, crane chart review/field exercise, Task Force interactions during an US&R response, advanced Total Station monitoring, wide area assessment (GPS & Survey 123), use of StS forms, Surfside Collapse case study and other topics.
Training mission is to provide two days (15-hours) of individual intensive hands-on training.
Space will be limited to maximize hands-on field training and ensure mission success.
Class tuition is free (meals, lodging & travel must be covered by Task Force, Agency, or students).
Travel/transport from Columbia Regional Airport to the targeted hotel is 13 miles. NOTE: The only airlines serving Columbia Regional Airport are American and United.
If alternate airport is considered, keep in mind that travel to above hotels from St Louis Airport is 122 miles OR from Kansas City Airport is 147 miles.
Travel from the above hotels to the training site is approximately 5 miles.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Laptop computer, Smart Phone, notebook, tape measure, Smart Phone, Crosby User’s Guide, FOG booklet.
- Nikon NPL-352, NIVO or Series N Total Station & tripod (1 per StS or team of two StS from each Task Force).
- One set minimum of the StS Forms from the www.disasterengineer.org "Library."
- Attire is official Task Force BDUs and/or Task Force t-shirt as well as standard PPE (helmet, boots, gloves, eye & ear protection, knee pads, sun block, rain gear, etc.).
Training Agenda: Schedule to be sent just prior to training