Structures Specialist Regional Training - Apr6 & 7, 2019
Time: Saturday 0750 thru 1800 and Sunday 0800 thru 1300
- This training qualifies as Continuing Education training as recommended by the StS Position Description, and is the FORTH delivery of a new, Version 5 curriculum
- Training is designed to provide a refresher in Buiding Hazard Assessment, Crane Chart Review & Detailed Bridge Assessment, Monitoring Planning & Practice, and Shoring Size-up/Design. Also modules on Trench Collapse Awareness, and Introduction to the new GPS Icon System will be presented.
- Training Mission is to provide two days of individual intensive hands-on training
- Space will be limited to maximize hands-on field training and insure Mission success
- Class tuition is free (Meals, Lodging & Travel must be covered by Task Force, Agency, or Students)
- A Box Lunch will be provided for Saturday at the cost of $10 per student.
- Transportation is required from & to the airport, as well as to & from the training sites.
- Boone County Fire Training Ctr (MO-TF1
- 5100 Roger I Wilson Mem. Drive
- Columbia, MO 65202
- POC Kurt Doolady firstname.lastname@example.org
- w) 573-447-5000, c) 573-219-0686w)
- Boone Co. Fire Dept.Headquarters.
- Atten: Kurt Doolady
- 2201 Interstate 70 Dr NW
- Columbia, MO 65202
- w) 573-447-5000, c) 573-219-0686
- Laptop Computer, Calculator, Crosby Card, Notebook, & Tape Measure.
- 1 set of StS Forms & FOG.
- Task Force Nikon NPL-352 Total Station and tripod (1 per team of two students)
- Attire is Official Task Force BDUs and/or Task Force T-Shirt as well as standard PPE (Helmet & Boots)
- Saturday 0750 to 1200 - Hazard Assessment & Monitoring & Tabletops, plus Review of Crane Charts & New Bridge Assessment Techniques & Form Use.
- Saturday 1230 to 1800 - Field Exercises that provide Total Station Training and StS working on Rubble Pile to estimate weights and positioning of cranes followed by a Shoring Size-up/Design Tabletop.
- Sunday 0800 to 1230 -Trench Collapse Awareness for the StS and Introduction to the GPS new Icon System.
- Sunday 1230 to 1300 - New info, Case Study, Unit Logs
Hotels/Alternates: Govt. Rate: $94
Drury Plaza Hotel Columbia East
- 3100 Interstate 70 Dr SE
- Columbia, Mo, 65201
- Group Rm Block: # 2365694 U S Army Corps of Engineers.
- 30 Rooms Block Expires 16 Mar2019
Alternate: SpringHill Suites by Marriott,Columbia
- 3415 Clark Ln. Columbia, MO 65202
- (573) 554-9024
- Group: U S Army Corpe of Eng.-G1088
- 20 Rooms Block expires: 6Mar2019
- USACE: Jeff Qunell, P.E. W: (415) 503-6616 C: (916) 502-4145 Jeffrey.J.Qunell@usace.army.mil
- Alternative: Alan Fisher P.E. (MA-TF1) C:(207) 415-7558 email@example.com
- Alternate 2: Dave Hammond, S.E. (CA-TF3) C: (650) 704-7069 firstname.lastname@example.org