Structures Specialist Eastern Regional Training
July 16-17, 2022
Location: OH-TF1 Training Site, 431 McFadden Ave, Dayton, OH 45403
Time: Saturday 07:30 thru 18:00 EDT (w/ 1/2 hr lunch period)
Sunday 08:00 - 13:30 EDT (no lunch)
Marriott at the University of Dayton
1414 S Patterson Blvd, Dayton, OH 45409
Rate: $109/nt + tax
Booking Link: https://www.marriott.com/events/start.mi?id=1652451932871&&key=GRP
Hotel Direct: 1-800-Marriott, ask for “US Army Corps of Engineers” Group block.
CUT-OFF DATE: 20-June-2022
- The FEMA US&R StS Position Description recommends that Task Force StS complete this training every two years. This is continuing education, the SECOND scheduled training for this V7 curriculum (FIRST In-Person Delivery).
- This training focuses on assessing structural behavior of damaged buildings, Task Force interactions during an US&R response, wide area assessment (GPS & Survey 123), use of StS forms, Champlain Tower Collapse case study, tabletop exercises and other topics.
- Training mission is to provide two days (15-hours) of intensive training.
- Space will be limited to maximize hands-on field training and ensure mission success.
- Class tuition is free (meals, lodging & travel must be covered by Task Force, Agency, or students).
- Travel/transport from Dayton Airport to the targeted hotel is 12 miles.
- Travel from the hotel to the training site is approximately 6-8 miles.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Laptop computer, hand held calculator, notebook, tape measure, Smart Phone, Garmin GPS, Crosby User’s Guide, FOG booklet.
- Nikon NPL-352, NIVO or Series N Total Station & tripod (1 per StS or team of two StS from each Task Force).
- One set minimum of the StS Forms from the www.disasterengineer.org "Library."
- Attire is official Task Force BDUs and/or Task Force t-shirt as well as standard PPE (helmet, boots, gloves, eye & ear protection, knee pads, sun block, rain gear, etc.).
Training Agenda: Schedule to be sent just prior to training
- USACE: Jeff Qunell, P.E.
W: (415) 503-6616 C: (916) 502-4145
- Alternative: Alan Fisher, P.E. (MA-TF1)
C: (207) 415-7558