2 SESSIONS, ON-LINE REGIONAL TRAINING - 14 & 15 2020
GO TO "LIBRARY" ON THIS SITE, & DOWNLOAD "RT Ver 6 Training Announcement and RT Ver 6 Schedule NOV 2020 SPECIAL ON-LINE REGIONAL TRAINING" for Detailed Information Regarding Sign-In Hourly Schedule
Then Sign-up for Here to Attend from your Home at 0850 EST , For 14 or 15Nov2020
ALL MUST SIGN-UP
Structures Specialist Regional Training - Apr4 & 5, 2020
Time: Saturday 0750 thru 1800 and Sunday 0800 thru 1300
- This training qualifies as Continuing Education training as recommended by the StS Position Description, and is the First delivery of a new, Version 6 curriculum. The Regional Training Curriculum is updated and revised every two years, and this will be the First oppertunity to receive the unique topics to be presented for this 2020-2021 Version 6
- Training is designed to provide a refresher in Buiding Hazard Assessment, Crane Chart Use, Shoring Size-up/Design, Survey 123, Precast/prestressed/Post-Tensioned ConcreteReview, Dam/Levee Assements during a US&R Response, and Advanced Total Station Monitoring. Studentswho have completed StS1 Training, and/or any other Regional Training are highly encouraged to attend this RT "Skills Enhancement" Session.
- Hourly Schedule will be mailed just prior to training.
- Other non-engineer Task Force Personnel are also encouraged to attend.
- This Training will Sharpin and add knowledge that will enhance the Task Force Capabilities and Readiness
- Training Mission is to provide two days of individual intensive hands-on training for at least two students from each Task force in the Central Region.
- Space will be limited to maximize hands-on field training and insure Mission success, but others are encouraged to apply.
- Class tuition is free (Meals, Lodging & Travel must be covered by Task Force, Agency, or Students)
- A Box Lunch will be provided for Saturday at the cost of $15 per student.
- Transportation is required from & to the airport, as well as to & from the training sites.
- Phoenix Fire Dept (PFD) / AZ-TF-1 Training Site
- 2430 S. 22nd Avenue.
- Phoenix, AZ 85009
- POC: Mark Thirman
- Laptop Computer, Calculator, Crosby Card, NotebookFieldbook, & Tape Measure.
- 1 set of StS Forms & FOG.
- Task Force Nikon NPL-352 Total Station and tripod (1 per team of two students)
- Attire is Official Task Force BDUs and/or Task Force T-Shirt as well as standard PPE (Helmet & Boots)
- Hourly Schedule to be sent just prior to training
- Saturday 0750 to 1200 - Classroom
- Saturday 1230 to 1800 - Field Exercises
- Sunday 0800 to 1230 -Classroom
- Sunday 1230 to 1330 - New info, Case Study, Unit Logs
Hotels/Alternates: Govt. Rate: $146,nt + tax
Primary Hotel: Sheraton Phoenix Downtown
- 340 North 3rd Street
- Phoenix, AZ 84004
- Room Block Ref: USACE or US Army Corps of Engineers
- Free WiFi, Discount Parking: $16/day
- Room Block Expires 2Mar 2020
Alternate: Embassy Suites by Hilton, Phoenix Downtown, North
- 10 East Thomas Rd, Phoenix, Az 85012
- Group Name: USACE
- Complimentary Garage
- Expires: 13Mar2020
- USACE: Jeff Qunell, P.E. W: (415) 503-6616 C: (916) 502-4145 Jeffrey.J.Qunell@usace.army.mil
- Alternative: Alan Fisher P.E. (MA-TF1) C:(207) 415-7558 firstname.lastname@example.org