Structures Specialist Regional Training - Jul 27 & 28, 2019
Time: Saturday 0750 thru 1800 and Sunday 0800 thru 1300
- This training qualifies as Continuing Education training as recommended by the StS Position Description, and is the FIFTH delivery of a new, Version 5 curriculum
- Training is designed to provide a refresher in Buiding Hazard Assessment, Crane Chart Review & Detailed Bridge Assessment, Monitoring Planning & Practice, and Shoring Size-up/Design. Also modules on Trench Collapse Awareness, and Introduction to the new GPS Icon System will be presented.
- Training Mission is to provide two days of individual intensive hands-on training
- Space will be limited to maximize hands-on field training and insure Mission success
- Class tuition is free (Meals, Lodging & Travel must be covered by Task Force, Agency, or Students)
- A Box Lunch will be provided for Saturday at the cost of $15 per student.
- Transportation is required from & to the airport, as well as to & from the training sites.
- Riverside Fire Training Site (CA-TF6)
- 3085 Saint Lawrence St.
- Riverside, CA
- POC Steve McKinster
- Laptop Computer, Calculator, Crosby Card, NotebookFieldbook, & Tape Measure.
- 1 set of StS Forms & FOG.
- Task Force Nikon NPL-352 Total Station and tripod (1 per team of two students)
- Attire is Official Task Force BDUs and/or Task Force T-Shirt as well as standard PPE (Helmet & Boots)
- Saturday 0750 to 1200 - Hazard Assessment & Monitoring & Tabletops, plus Review of Crane Charts & New Bridge Assessment Techniques & Form Use.
- Saturday 1230 to 1800 - Field Exercises that provide Total Station Training and StS working on Rubble Pile to estimate weights and positioning of cranes followed by a Shoring Size-up/Design Tabletop.
- Sunday 0800 to 1230 -Trench Collapse Awareness for the StS and Introduction to the GPS new Icon System.
- Sunday 1230 to 1330 - New info, Case Study, Unit Logs
Hotels/Alternates: Govt. Rate: $106,nt + tax
Main Hotel: Mission Inn (www.missioninn.com)
- 3649 Mission Inn Ave.
- Riverside, CA 92501
- 1-800-843-7755 or (951)784-0300 Ext. 850
- Reference " USACE" Room Block
- Room Block Expires 28 June 2019
- Rate: $101/nt + 13% Occ Tax + 0.195%CA Terrorism Tax.
- Self-Park:$17/nt, Valet:23/nt
Alternate: Marriott Riverside at the Convention Ctr
- 3400 Market St
- Riverside, CA 92501
- (951) 784-8000
- No Rooms Reserved
- 20 Rooms Block expires: 6Mar2019
- USACE: Jeff Qunell, P.E. W: (415) 503-6616 C: (916) 502-4145 Jeffrey.J.Qunell@usace.army.mil
- Alternative: Alan Fisher P.E. (MA-TF1) C:(207) 415-7558 email@example.com
- Alternate 2: Dave Hammond, S.E. (CA-TF3) C: (650) 704-7069 firstname.lastname@example.org