ON-LINE REGIONAL TRAINING: 24-JUL-2021
GO TO "LIBRARY" ON THIS SITE, & DOWNLOAD "StS-RT July2021 Training Announcement" for Detailed Information Regarding the training. Additional schedule information and Zoom meeting info will be provided to those who register.
Class start time is currently planned at 0800 MDT, 24-Jul-2021. (Zoom meeting will open early at 0730 MDT)
ALL MUST REGISTER IN ADVANCE TO ATTEND
DISREGARD THE FOLLOWING TRAINING INFO, WHICH IS TYPICAL FOR LIVE, IN-PERSON TRAINING
Structures Specialist Regional Training - Apr4 & 5, 2020
Time: Saturday 0750 thru 1800 and Sunday 0800 thru 1300
- This training qualifies as Continuing Education training as recommended by the StS Position Description, and is the First delivery of a new, Version 6 curriculum. The Regional Training Curriculum is updated and revised every two years, and this will be the First oppertunity to receive the unique topics to be presented for this 2020-2021 Version 6
- Training is designed to provide a refresher in Buiding Hazard Assessment, Crane Chart Use, Shoring Size-up/Design, Survey 123, Precast/prestressed/Post-Tensioned ConcreteReview, Dam/Levee Assements during a US&R Response, and Advanced Total Station Monitoring. Studentswho have completed StS1 Training, and/or any other Regional Training are highly encouraged to attend this RT "Skills Enhancement" Session.
- Hourly Schedule will be mailed just prior to training.
- Other non-engineer Task Force Personnel are also encouraged to attend.
- This Training will Sharpin and add knowledge that will enhance the Task Force Capabilities and Readiness
- Training Mission is to provide two days of individual intensive hands-on training for at least two students from each Task force in the Central Region.
- Space will be limited to maximize hands-on field training and insure Mission success, but others are encouraged to apply.
- Class tuition is free (Meals, Lodging & Travel must be covered by Task Force, Agency, or Students)
- A Box Lunch will be provided for Saturday at the cost of $15 per student.
- Transportation is required from & to the airport, as well as to & from the training sites.
- Phoenix Fire Dept (PFD) / AZ-TF-1 Training Site
- 2430 S. 22nd Avenue.
- Phoenix, AZ 85009
- POC: Mark Thirman
- Laptop Computer, Calculator, Crosby Card, NotebookFieldbook, & Tape Measure.
- 1 set of StS Forms & FOG.
- Task Force Nikon NPL-352 Total Station and tripod (1 per team of two students)
- Attire is Official Task Force BDUs and/or Task Force T-Shirt as well as standard PPE (Helmet & Boots)
- Hourly Schedule to be sent just prior to training
- Saturday 0750 to 1200 - Classroom
- Saturday 1230 to 1800 - Field Exercises
- Sunday 0800 to 1230 -Classroom
- Sunday 1230 to 1330 - New info, Case Study, Unit Logs
Hotels/Alternates: Govt. Rate: $146,nt + tax
Primary Hotel: Sheraton Phoenix Downtown
- 340 North 3rd Street
- Phoenix, AZ 84004
- Room Block Ref: USACE or US Army Corps of Engineers
- Free WiFi, Discount Parking: $16/day
- Room Block Expires 2Mar 2020
Alternate: Embassy Suites by Hilton, Phoenix Downtown, North
- 10 East Thomas Rd, Phoenix, Az 85012
- Group Name: USACE
- Complimentary Garage
- Expires: 13Mar2020
- USACE: Jeff Qunell, P.E. W: (415) 503-6616 C: (916) 502-4145 Jeffrey.J.Qunell@usace.army.mil
- Alternative: Alan Fisher P.E. (MA-TF1) C:(207) 415-7558 firstname.lastname@example.org